Sunday, September 09, 2007

The Tradition Continues...

I am happy to say that we are continuing the favorite Hopkin Family birthday tradition here at the Jensen Home! Katie had a kick out of the "first bite" game.
I had a wonderful 24th birthday. Last night Dave & I went out to dinner to Magleby's and sat and talked for 2 hours, even with the end of the BYU game playing in the background! It was amazing! It was really nice to get out, just Dave & I, and do something other than go to a movie (which I love doing, but it is not very conducive for conversation). I was very happy to discover that we still have things to talk about other than our children and relationship problems! Dave is so wonderful and I love those few moments that we get together, just us, when we can enjoy each other, laugh, and remember why we love being together so much.
Then, today (my birthday) after church we went on a drive on the Alpine Loop which I LOVE to do, but haven't done in a very long time. Katie tested out my birthday present (portable DVD player) in the backseat and gave positive reviews. I loved the peaceful, quiet, beautiful drive, and again, more great conversation with Dave.
I also loved getting the birthday wishes from so many of you either by phone, email, or on facebook. I definitely felt special today on my birthday, so thanks! 24 is great so far!

4 comments:

Hohmann Family said...

Hey! Dave has a pretty good voice! I think you ought to record your birthday more often. :) Glad to know 24 is good so far. I'll let you know how 28 is in a few months. (wow.)

Mk said...

So glad you had a great day Megan! I loved the video! Katie is a greta little singer!(so is Dave btw:)And you look great!

Marianne Hopkin said...

Hi Meg. I love the picture of Katie holding the cake in her mouth waiting for you to take the first bite. Sometimes Dad carries the tradition a little bit too far and the cake he is holding in his mouth starts to digest in just the atmosphere of his saliva. You have reminded me that traditions are fun and important and never worth loosing.........even if some of us get a little out of control. Dad is a little wierd sometimes, but I sure do love the man.

Marianne Hopkin said...

Oh, and I just loved the video! Send me more!!