Friday, August 20, 2010

D.E.A.R.


It has been awhile, but we finally finished another chapter book - Stuart Little - this time McKenna joined Katie & I for the read.

This book is no doubt a classic in children's literature. It has been on my list of books to read for a long time. It is always nice to check one off the list! Stuart is an unforgettable character and his adventures living as a mouse in a human world is captivating. Katie definitely loved this book. She never wanted me to stop reading. McKenna on the other hand, was perhaps a bit too young for this book. The language was a little too mature for her to follow. Katie often asked what words meants as we were reading. It was not rare that McKenna was singing to herself instead of listening.

Regardless, it is always fun to sit or lie down together, snuggle up and read a good book. I know these moments will be cherished memories. At least, they will be for me.

1 comment:

Hannah said...

We just finished that one last month too! Emma is still frustrated by the ending. I love reading chapter books together. We read The Tale of Despereaux before that one and are in the middle of Charlotte's Web. Let me know if you guys read any other good ones! We are just about ready for another one.