Sunday, December 09, 2007

Sweet November

I am sorry to admit that I have been seriously MIA in the blog department of my life. So, here are some highlights from this past month.

We spent our Thanksgiving in Boston for a Hopkin family reunion. It was the first time that we were all together in 2 years. We were sad that Staci couldn't spend more time with us, but at least there was about 1 hour that all 5 siblings, spouses, & kids were all together. It was SO FUN!

The main event of the reunion - the Needham vs. Wellesley Thanksgiving Day game. It was so fun to be there to witness Brian's senior year victory over their Raider rivals.

Katie & McKenna LOVED being with all of their Hopkin cousins (Janie's missing in this picture :( ).

The girls were champs for mom on our LONG journey home without Dad.

Katie enjoyed jumping and hiding in the leaf piles.

McKenna is eating EVERYTHING now and absolutely loving it. She can't get enough! Raisins are a particular favorite.

This Thanksgiving I was overwhelmed with gratitude for 1) family, 2) the fact that we were able to all be together, 3) memories, 4) traditions, & 5) BEATING WELLESLEY!
I love my family and I love the memories & traditions that bring us together.

I can't believe how blessed I am to be surrounded by a wonderful husband, two beautiful girls, and two amazing extended families that love and support us so much. I also am amazed and thankful for how much the Lord has blessed all of us and has been watching over us all. That is what I was thankful for the most this Thanksgiving season.

4 comments:

Julie J. said...

Finally! I have been checking every day. I'm glad you had a great trip. We missed you at the Wright's a few weeks ago. I hope your party was fun and successful.:)

scooping it up said...

Hi Megs, it was so good to see you guys. I wasn't even at the game but beating Wellesley did feel good, didn't it? Love to the girls. We can't wait for the next visit. Jane needs to learn more songs from Katie.

MommyMert said...

I love those pics of the girls! :) So stinking cute ! hahaha.. Hooray for your victory.

Bethany said...

Your girls are getting so big! Soon they'll be little labworkers :).