Thursday, January 03, 2008

New Puppy

So, in about 3 weeks we will have a new addition to our family - our very own, genuine, black lab puppy. Ours is the one with the yellow collar. He is about 3 weeks old in these pictures. He will be about 7 weeks when we get him so he will look quite a bit different. We can't wait for him to get here. We have had our cousin living with us for about a month now and he has a chihuahua puppy. The puppy has been here too so it has been a good test for us. The girls LOVE the puppy. We really think this will be a good thing for our family. We are so excited.
We are also still thinking of names. We originally were thinking Sage, but I'm not sure that I'm completely set on that. Baxter is another name that has been discussed. We will have to get to know the puppy a little more I think before we decide. I'm sure that he will have A LOT more personality the next time that we see him than he did at 3 weeks. So, definitely look forward to some more posts about our puppy's homecoming in the next few weeks.

3 comments:

Molly said...

Those puppies are soooo cute. I think Kate is thinking about getting one, Hazel is obsessed with my parents dog. We had a "Baxter" growing up. Give him a human name like George or Charlie... I love it when dogs have human names.

Julie J. said...

I think his name should be Guapo. Then you would have 2 Bonitas and a Guapo in the same house!

Mk said...

I'm impressed you all are taking the Puppy plunge- Way to go! It's still a distant future for us...