Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Blast From the Past

So, Dave very wisely told me the other night "I think it's about time you watched Wayne's World." Wow. The amount of insight that man has into my soul is amazing! No, seriously. Something like me watching Wayne's World is exactly what I've been needing lately. That movie represents a whole side of me that has been dormant for a while now and is dying to resurface! I love movies! I love funny movies! And I love watching movies that I love over and over again. Wayne's World is the type of movie that can bring me back to the days in my life when nothing mattered but having fun and laughing. Isn't that how life still should be? I think so! Why can't I be that person and still be a responsible adult? I don't see why I can't.

Anyway, I was very glad that Dave pointed that out to me. It must have been inspired because the next day Wayne's World was on TV, I happened to see it on the guide, and I DVR'ed it. Perfect! Now I have nothing stopping me from escaping into a classic from my past to remind me that there is still beauty and meaning in this world :) Exactly the lesson that I learn from watching Wayne's World...


Party on Wayne!

4 comments:

scooping it up said...

Party on Garth. What am I gonna do with a gun rack?

MommyMert said...

Oh--dang. Somebody posted what I was going to post. HA! Great minds think alike.. I shall post anyways. Party on Garth!

Dan said...

asphinctersayswhat?.... exactly

Becky said...

If you're gonna spew...spew in this.

Megan I thought you still were that girl that laughs a lot and was carefree! You sure seem like it to me.

I see a little siholetta of a man...scalamoosh! scalamoosh! Can you do the fandango? Thunder bolt and lightning very very frightening! ME!