Thursday, August 14, 2008

I Can Feel It Comin In the Air...

Ok, call me crazy, but even in the midst of this 90+ weather I can feel fall just around the corner. I love it! I know that by the end of every season it seems like I can't WAIT for the next one to come. That's why I say "Thank goodness for four seasons!" I LOVE LOVE LOVE fall. I love the sunny, but cool days with cold mornings and nights. I love the fall colors, the smell of burning fireplaces, and getting cozy in hoodies or sweaters. I love it! And for some reason, fall really reminds me of home, even if I'm not enjoying the brilliant New England fall colors. Fall always has been my favorite season. It reminds me of after school snacks, Saturday morning soccer games in the cold, the anticipation of all the Holidays (including my birthday!), jumping in huge piles of leaves, and all my favorite things about living in New England. Even being so far away, all the smells, sounds, and feelings that fall brings bring me back to my most wonderful memories of home.

9 comments:

Lani said...

Amen! I love it too... but it's definitely not in the air down here in the 110 degree desert yet! But I love fall...reminds me of MA too. :-)

Mk said...

Love it too! but I can't believe my babies go back to school in a 10 days! Although i am a summer girl through and through, there is something so great about fall. Maybe because i love me some new school supplies + pretty preppy outfits:) Love your blog too- it's always great to hear about those darling Jensens...
Hope you are doing well!

E and J said...

I was just saying to Jason that such and such only happens in the spring and fall....Then I realized it was only August! It's coming!

Unknown said...

I can feel it too!
And by the way, did you know that Utah rates very high for fall leaf change viewing and fall colors?! Yep.

scooping it up said...

I love autumn, but fear it because it means it is only a matter of time until winter, which as you know in Boston lasts a little too long. And I am totally with MK on new school supplies. I miss the rebirth that each new school year brought. Almost better than spring.

Grant and Taryn Layton said...

I love fall also, but probably for more superficial reasons...fall clothes are my favorite. I get sick of summer clothes :) And of course it is beautiful and now that I live in a state full of trees, I'm excited to see them all change!

Julie J. said...

The other day there was a cool-as in coldish - feeling in our house and I totally felt like it was spring for a minute. Then I realize I could hear the NFL football theme and I knew that must be contributing.

Dan said...

Nothing like the fall. Sometimes there's nothing more I'd like to do than be in the backyard on Livingston Circle with a rake in my hand and a cool breeze (I can say that now I live 1,000 miles away)

But really Moog, was that a Phil Collins reference in your post title?

Meg said...

of course it was a shout out to Phil - great song!