Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Katie Date

This post is a little late - but the last Katie Date (Katie & Mom only) we want on was to see the movie "Despereaux" the weekend between Christmas and New Years. We had a great time, even though the movie was just so-so. For a cartoon, it was kind of a downer. It was a pretty good story, and the mouse was very cute, but there was not one funny character - no comic relief at all. Not quite what we were expecting in an animated film. Couldn't tell how much Katie liked the movie. Like I said, we had a GREAT time together and so I think that made the movie better than it actually was. I think it's probably more appropriate for a kid a little older than Katie. Actually, I think a boy 6-10 would probably love it.

Katie wanted to stay in the theater until the "very end!" so we sat there through the credits, finished our snacks, and snapped some of these fun shots. She is such a blast and I love being able to have some alone time with her. I am a very lucky mama!

4 comments:

Hannah said...

Good to know! We were thinking of taking Emma, but maybe we will hold off. Katie is such a cute girl! I will miss her in nursery.

Becca said...

That's so fun! It's nice you guys do that. I'm sure she loves it.

MommyMert said...

I really need to do this. Thanks for the reminder. Does K wanna play with A? Does Megan want to play with Kari? :)

Marianne Hopkin said...

I loved (and still do love!) one on one time with my girls too. There's nothing quite like it. Katie is a blast to be with just like her mom was (is) a blast. The alone times that I remember the most with you are violin lessons, shopping, and going out to eat? What else can you remember? Did we do movies? Who cares what you do? Like you said, it's just being TOGETHER. I still love one on one with you. : )