Thursday, February 26, 2009

Tiny Little Poops

About a week ago my sweet mother sent me a box of See's chocolates to get me through the last few weeks of my pregnancy. There were 24 truffles - one for each day left in my pregnancy (yea right they will even last that long...)

Today, Katie, out of the blue, asks me in a very concerned tone, "Mom, are those really tiny little poops?"
I replied, "What?!" having NO IDEA where this is coming from.
"Are those really tiny little poops?" she repeats as she points to my box of chocolates.
It took me a second to process what she was talking about and then I remember...

Dave, being as clever as he is, told Katie that they were tiny little poops, so that she wouldn't ask for any. Thank you Dave for doing "whatever necessary" to protect my treats and for setting the stage for this priceless (and hilarious) conversation. :)

5 comments:

The Wells said...

I love those moments!! We had it a little easier with Allynn, we just told her everything had nuts in them. She is not allergic, she just doesn't like the texture. Whatever it takes to save the treats.

scooping it up said...

HA! Dave, you are hilarious

Sandy said...

My mother loved See's candy. She tried to hide it from us. But, we had to do such a thorough cleaning of the house every Saturday, we always found them.

Hohmann Family said...

(insert snort of laughter) I wonder what I would have replied? Sounds like a good hubby to help you out to such an extent.

Marianne Hopkin said...

You'll have to forget about that conversation when you eat your next truffle.