Monday, November 23, 2009

Katie's Thanksgiving Recipe

Katie LOVES preschool.
And we LOVE Katie's preschool teacher.
Today she sent home Thanksgiving Recipes that the kids made up.
She writes down what the kids say, word for word, and doesn't persuade them to say certain things.

Here is Katie's:

At what store would your Mom buy a turkey?
Katie: She would just make her own turkey

How much would it cost?
Katie: Miss Cathy, she made it, so she doesn't have to buy it!

What would your recipe be for fixing a Thanksgiving turkey?
Katie: One cup salt, and one cup pepper. One pan of chicken gravy, of course. And then you could try to make it look like a real turkey, but it's cooked. Put real feathers in it, and of course take them out before you eat it. Put some gravy inside the turkey too.

How hot is the oven to bake the turkey?
Katie: You cook it on the stove.

How long do you cook it?
Katie: For 20 minutes, and then put it on the table and say it's ready! And don't forget the prayer!

What's the best thing your mommy cookes you?
Katie: It depends

What's the best thing your daddy cooks for you?
Katie: Cookies

7 comments:

Bethany said...

That is so cute! What a great idea.

The Yuan Fam said...

H-I-L-A-R-I-O-U-S!!!!!!!!

The Wells said...

I just love the things the come out of little mouths!!

Marianne Hopkin said...

Katie's pre-school teacher knows how to catch those priceless moments. This dialogue reminds me of the old "Art Linkletter Show" when he'd interview children. It was the best part of his show - what made him famous. It's fun to discover what the children's perceptions are. I especially loved the part when she said that you were going to make the turkey so it wouldn't cost any money. So cute.

Becca said...

I love it. That's so fun that you have that and she can always look back on that. One year at school we drew a picture of Thanksgiving and wrote a little paragraph about it.I made it for my grandma and it's funny to look back and read what I wrote. I put lots of food on there that we never eat for Thanksgiving.

scooping it up said...

what great questions. i think i am gonna steal this interview for janie just to see what she says. Katie is a smart cookie.

Hannah said...

Oh my gosh! That is adorable! I wish I didn't have to buy a turkey. I want you to teach me how to make my own turkey, Meg.