Wednesday, May 19, 2010

McKenna and Her Problems

Whiny day from McKenna. Seemed like we couldn't do enough to make her happy. We were out by the fire and she came out whining about wanting a drink.

McKenna: I want a driiiiiink (in the whiniest voice you can imagine)

Meg: Ok, didn't you have a cup out here? (in the best-attempt-to-be-patient voice you can imagine)

McKenna: No

Meg: Yes you did, it's over there. Why don't you grab it and go get yourself some water?

McKenna: But I want some miiiiiiilk.

Meg: No, you can have some water.

(McKenna pouts)

McKenna: But I want yoooooou to get it. I can't reach the iiiiiiice.

Meg: You can get yourself some water. It's important to me that you learn how to solve your own problem.

(McKenna whimpers)

McKenna: I don't have any problems, Mom.

3 comments:

Kathy said...

Well, at least she didn't say "You're my problem..." That one will come later. ;-)

Have a happy whine free day!

scooping it up said...

ha ha!

Hannah said...

Oh mama! That would make me crazy, I think. Good for you for being a patient mother :)