Tuesday, April 24, 2012

March 2012: Brooke's Birthday

Brookie Cookie turned three!

The Wednesday before Brooke's birthday we had a mini celebration with singing and donuts with her friends during playgroup.  It was just me, Brooke, and her friends.  Nothing planned but donuts and a candle.  When I told Dave that was my plan for Brooke's "birthday party" he said, "Really? That's so not like you."
That made me laugh.
I don't think Brooke minded :)

The morning of her birthday, March 11th, began with a pile of presents on the kitchen table, a birthday banner hanging above the window, and balloons roaming around the kitchen floor.  Brooke was so happy.  She immediately put on the birthday hat and started opening her presents.  She had the right idea - why wait until dinner and cake that evening?  She wanted to play with her presents all day.



Brooke and her rainbow "cake"


And of course, she licked off all the frosting :)

No comments: