Wednesday, June 25, 2008

I Feel All Grown Up

I just signed Katie up for swim lessons.
Wow.

It might sound strange that this feels like a milestone in my parenting career, but it does! We actually are going to have an organized summer activity that continues for longer than a day. And this is the first class-like setting that Katie will ever be in without me (except for Nursery of course). Wow.

Swimming lessons and days at the pool are some of my favorite childhood memories. I remember spending my summers at the Pool & Raquet Club taking swim lessons, synchronized swimming (yes, you read correctly), tennis, and just playing with friends all day. It seems like we LIVED at the pool. I especially remember butt ball in the parking lot, playing card games like Speed and Bloody Knuckles during Jr. Rest Period, and eating frozen Charleston Chews. Those really were great times. I don't think our little family has quite reached the point where we will be spending our entire days at the pool, but I can feel it getting closer and closer each year. Being a kid was a blast and I can't wait for my kids to experience things and create childhood memories like I did.

1 comment:

Dan said...

Nothing like those summer days at the NPRC. Tennis racket baseball in the front lawn, the grilled cheese sandwiches from the snack bar, water slide baseball with the swim lane lines, playing "around the world" on the clay tennis courts and trying to boost each other up to peek through the top windows into the girls locker room (j/k about that last part). Fun fun times. How many times did you either walk or ride your bike there? I probably did it 20 times and its like 6 miles away from home!!