Saturday, June 14, 2008

Yea 5k!

The girls and I ran in the Orem Firefighter's 5k this morning. It was pretty awesome! It was a beautiful morning and the girls did pretty well (with help from fruit snacks and chocolate milk). We made it in 31 min. which is one whole minute faster than last year, and this time with a stroller! Not too bad. Katie was my head cheerleader yelling "Go Mom!" and "You can do it" and "Go faster than that girl!" Again, pretty awesome.

Dave enjoyed this beautiful day outside as well hiking Mt. Timpanogas with the Young Men (hence, me running with the girls). He's not back yet, but I can only imagine they're having a blast. It is a perfect day - clear sky, 70s - and there is still a little snow up on Timp so I bet it's not too hot up there for them. Hopefully it's not too messy!

6 comments:

Mk said...

Way to go Megan!!!! We have got to do one of these together soon....
Nice Job!

Dan said...

Thatta girl! I love Katie telling you to "run faster than that girl". Reminds me of Audrey in Las Vegas when we were walking past the slot machines in the hotel asking my "why is that lady playing the evil games?"

The Wells said...

Megan, you are amazing!! You have spirit and strenth. Jason and I have been talking about what we want to be when we grow up - I am working towards being like Megan Jensen!!

E and J said...

I'm so glad it went great! I'm not surprised that you were able to do it fast than last year and have the stroller-you've worked consistently at being in better shape then you were a year ago.

MommyMert said...

WOohOOO!! So proud of you! :)

Hohmann Family said...

I'm currently in a state of admiration. I have not high hopes or dreams to run a marathon, but I would like to do a 5k or 10k someday. It's my goal to do a 5k by the end of the summer - without a stroller. :)