Thursday, June 12, 2008

Why am I awake?

It is 11:00 pm. I know for a lot of people that is not really that late, and for me it norally isn't either, but I am EXHAUSTED and I know that it T-7 hours my children are going to be waking up. So to me, right now, it feels extremely late. Yet here I am, awake, sacrificing my precious sleep to actually take the time to blog about how I wished I was in bed.

It started at 10:00. I was about to complete my recent goal of going to bed by 10:00, when I was held back by my moral obligation to finish folding the laundry. It had been sitting there all day and I didn't feel like I could, in good conscience, put it off any longer. So I started folding it (great! another good excuse to keep watching TV, right?!) Then, as I'm loading the folded clothers back into the laundry basket, trying to convince myself that folding it was enough and that I didn't have to put it away until moring, the conscience kicks in again. It didn't make sense to put the dish towels in the laundry basket with my clothes and bring them into my room to sit until the morning when I would bring them back out to my kitchen to put them away. Ok FINE, I'll put the dish towels away. I put the dish towels away. Easy enough. But then, the computer that is so conveniently located on my kitchen counter, starts calling my name. OF COURSE I have to check my email for the millionth time today because I am a SLAVE to my computer. I check my email. But since I'm checking my email I might as well make my rounds around the Blog-o-sphere, right? Start checking blogs. And since I'm already here, and I'm still up, I might AS WELL blog myself.

Again, why am I awake?

4 comments:

The Bobos said...

Okay, so I guess it was hard to sleep for both of us last night but for very different reasons! I posted last night about why I couldn't sleep and then I saw YOUR blog this morning and burst out laughing. I love your blog, Megan! Your girls are so cute but reading about you makes my day. You're still the same crazy Megan I loved in middle school. I hope all is well with you guys!
Love, Jenni (Girts) Bobo
P.S. You'll notice the awesome theme song to my blog. TO THIS DAY, every time I hear that song, I think of you, me and Elise at Girls Camp!

Hohmann Family said...

Been there. I'm still not sure why we do it. Wish I had a reason. Here's to the "stupid" things that we do as mothers!! :)

Dan said...

Its 11pm and here I am at my computer checking my email and blog surfing. we're all slaves to our computers.

scooping it up said...

I never feel a moral obligation of any kind about laundry. It's terrible.