Wednesday, September 10, 2008

1/4 Century Celebration

Yesterday was my birthday, and yes I have reached my 1/4 century mark. I have to admit, I feel like I should already be at least 25 by now. I don't know if that's normal...but I definitely feel older than I actually am. But the past 25 years have definitely treated me well and I am very grateful.

My birthday celebrations were perfect. My birthday started off great at midnight with "Happy Birthday" sung to me by some of our great friends. Later that morning, after our night's sleep, Katie had preschool so McKenna and I had some quality time together. I really have been loving McKenna time. She is such a fun little girl and I love being her mom. After we picked Katie up from preschool, we met my brother Brian on BYU campus for lunch. He took us out on his Dining Plus card - to the Skyroom - which was awesome, very thoughtful, and brought back a lot of really great memories. He also got me an awesome shirt from the Kenny Chesney concert he went to. The shirt says "She comes from Boston." I LOVE IT (and am wearing it in the pictures below). That trip to BYU was a little tiring for us all, so me and the girls went home for an afternoon nap.
That night we had THIS:

and only this for dinner. That's all I wanted (gotta love pregnancy cravings). Nothing else sounded good - I just wanted to fill up on steak. Haha. It was great.

I was sporting my lovely Pink Eye for my birthday pictures (gross, I know). Thought it was worth documenting both occasions :)

The girls helping me blow out my candles. Steak and cake = perfect birthday meal :)

This cracked me up. Before we even cut the cake the girls had already stuck the fingers in it and McKenna's face was instantly covered (of course). When I told her to say "cheese" for the camera she looked up at me and said "CAKE!" It was hilarious.

The night ended with some catching up on some of my favorite shows that we had DVR-ed. Perfectly relaxing evening. It was great. I was very excited about my WONDERFUL gifts from hubby, moms, and friends, and birthday wishes from everyone. I felt very loved and remembered. Thank you so much for making my birthday special!

9 comments:

E and J said...

I'm so glad you hear you had a GREAT Birthday! You're girls are adorable and you look great! I think I feel older then I am because of my husband and his OLD friends! LOL

The Bobos said...

Happy Birthday Megan! I'm glad you had such a great day. And congratulations on Baby #3!

Grant and Taryn Layton said...

The skyroom does bring back some happy memories :) Looks like a fun birthday!

Lani said...

Okay, so... um... I didn't know you were pregnant! Congrats! Me too!

E and J said...

Jason and I were eating dinner last night and I was thinking about all your birthdays in the last 5 years since I've known you. 3 out of the 5 you've been pregnant!

Holly said...

Happy Birthday Megan!

The Wells said...

Happy Birthday. Jason is 5 years older than I am so I felt 25 for a long time before I actually had my birthday. Now I am 32 and still feel 25. It is a good age to stop, at least for now.

thescotts said...

Happy Birthday Megan! I didn't know you had a blog! Now you know mine too!
Love, Kel

Hannah said...

how I didn't wish you any birthday wishes, I will now do so. Happy 25th! I can't believe that you are pregnant, that your little Katie is so big, that you are still in UT, and that Brian is now out there with you...
Congrats!