Thursday, September 04, 2008

Family Reunion Provo/St. George

So, as I was uploading my pictures, I realized that I don't have a single picture from the Hopkin Family reunion last week. Unbelievable! I know my mom took some pictures, thank goodness, because I apparently have none.

Our family fun continued after our trip to San Jose, when my parents, my sister Jen and her family, and my brother Brian all came out to Utah. So fun! We had some time with my parents alone the first week. We went to Cascade Springs, the park, walked by the river, and had fun. Our girls LOVE grandparents! And how lucky that they got to see all four in one month!

Then Jen, Luis, Elena, and Sofia came and boy was that fun too. The cousins had a blast together. It was especially fun watching McKenna and Sofia run around together and have "conversations." We all went to St. George for the weekend for the Hopkin Family Society Board Meeting. Our family wasn't officially part of the board this year, but we couldn't resist the opportunity to be with family and to see Les Miserables. We also were able to visit our great friends the Baileys who live down there. We miss them so much and were happy to see them, even though it was very short. It was a great trip, St. George is beautiful and fun, but man was it HOT. I have a whole new concept of what it means to be hot outside. Provo feels cool compared to St. George!

When we got back from St. George, we still had a week of family fun. Brian came into town that Sunday that we returned. He's heading out here for school - started BYU this week. I am SO EXCITED to have a sibling here again and psyched for time to hang out with Brian. Hopefully I will be able to bribe him enough with food to come see us often.

All in all it was WONDERFUL to have family here just as it was WONDERFUL to be able to visit the rest of our family the week before. It almost felt like we were all actually living close to family for a while there - boy would that be nice. I'm excited that we will be getting another family visit next week from my brother Dan and his son Taylor. We love their visits too and are excited to see them.

Anyone else wanna come visit? If we plan it right, we could have family around almost every weekend, or every other. We would love it!!!

2 comments:

Becca said...

I can't believe what a busy summer you have had. I bet it has been so nice to be around family. We're so glad we got to see you guys. We miss you.

Molly said...

hey you. another lacrosse tourney in a few weeks (sept 20ish) in vegas if you are interested...

hope everything is going great.