Monday, October 20, 2008

Breaking Dawn

So, tonight I finally did it. I finally finished Breaking Dawn. I know, I know, it has taken me quite a long time, but I have always been a slow reader and never had the attention span (or the ability to stay awake long enough) to read a book in a day or two. I think I have only done that once (a volume of the Goosebumps series when I was about 12 years old). But tonight I have finished it. Surprisingly enough I managed to make it all the way through without any idea what was going to happen. I had heard several reviews, but luckily no one spoiled the ending for me. And...

I'm not sure I know what it is that some people didn't like about the ending (please don't comment on this in case some readers still haven't read it). I am anxious to talk to some of my "Twilight" reading friends to find out what it is that disappointed them in the end. I thought overall it was a good book. I was definitley entertained the whole time and had no idea what was going to happen. In my mind that's a pretty good book - as long as it can keep my attention and I can't figure out the ending, I'm satisfied. Then again, I do admit that I am pretty easily entertained. There are very few books that I have not liked, few that I have LOVED. Most books I enjoy.

I still think "New Moon" is my favorite of the saga. Being a Jacob fan, I really did love that book the most. Although my feelings towards Jacob changed in "Breaking Dawn," I ended with content feelings toward him. But I LOVED him in "New Moon" and I'm still not convinced that Bella shouldn't have chosen him back in book 2. Then again, the rest of the story wouldn't exist if that was the case...

So, I know this post is rather vague, because like I said I don't want to give anything away. But I do want to put it out there that I am one that liked "Breaking Dawn" (it seems like most people don't like it too much) and feel content about the way the series ended.

I do feel, however, that after these months I've dedicated to Stephenie Meyer and her vampire stories, I should probably go read my scriptures or at least something of a little more substance and value :)

7 comments:

Julie J. said...

I am a Jacob fan too. My favorite part is the sleeping bag in New Moon. If you know what I mean!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you've got pretty good odds with your 'what are we having' ticker!

Becky said...

Julie, that sleeping back inncodent is in Eclipse the third book, not New Moon the second book. I just read Eclipse. I gotta get on the waiting list at the library for Breaking Dawn, or ask around my ward and see if anyone bought it.

MommyMert said...

I had a hard time with it the first time, and LOVED it the second... so... I am glad you enjoyed it too. Lets get together soon.

Anonymous said...

I agree with you Megan, I enjoyed it and was quite surprised that some people didn't..and I'm very curious why. It kept me entertained, although it also took me months to finish it, becuase i kept falling asleep....not because it bored me at all..just lack of attention span too. : )

thescotts said...

I really liked the way it ended. It was definitely not my favorite. I also liked new moon best. I love Jacob too! It took me FOREVER to finish as well. I had a hard time with it, but we can discuss that later. Maybe it was because I just had Phin, and baby stuff was real touchy too me! I don't know, we will discuss it sometime!
Kel

Holly said...

Megan, apparently I don't have your email address, so this is kind of random. I was wondering... you had a juice at the barbeque we did in the canyon back in August... I think it was Welch's Mango Strawberry juice or something like that. Where did you get it?? I swear I have looked at at least five stores and I cannot find it. I thought it was sooooo good, so you need to tell me where I can find it. Thanks!