Saturday, October 04, 2008

How could they do that to the pregnant lady...?

Tonight, being Priesthood Session, my husband is going to be gone for the evening. He always goes out with some guys in our ward after Priesthood to play video games for the rest of the night. I already was planning on him being gone for the whole night and made plans with my girlfriend to get together, watch Grey's, and eat food. Perfect night! But then...
My husband's cousins called him this morning inviting him to go out to dinner before Priesthood. And where did they have to invite him to go? TUCANOS! Not only is Tucanos one of my favorite restaurants that we go to very rarely, but pretty much all they serve there is STEAK. AHHHH!!!! Which brings me to my point - How could they do that to the pregnant lady?!!! Now I have been planning and scheming in my mind all day how to arrange my evening to include steak. Not just any steak, really good steak. I almost made a reservation for myself to go to Tucanos with the girls after Priesthood started so I would be sure not to run into my husband and cousins, but then decided that would be a bit extreme. I finally decided on take out (steak of course) which I can now bring to my friends house and resume our evening as planned. My goodness. What's a pregnant girl to do?

My answer was to make sure I get steak, and top the night off with MK's famous double chocolate carmel brownies. YUM! Mary, I still LOVE you for sharing that recipe with me!

(BTW...this is post #100 - wow!)

5 comments:

Kelly said...

After reading that, now I'm craving steak!!

Julie J. said...

Those dudes leave us behind wice a year and I've had enough!

Becca said...

You are so funny. Did you crave steak with the girls??? I always did with the boys. Maybe it's a boy??? Well I miss you guys. When can you come visit? Is it cold up there yet??

MommyMert said...

I wanted meat with both, but more with Jake... Hmm.. I wonder if thats telling ya something?

Smooth Sailing said...

Oh I just love Tucanos. Wish I wasn't about 2800 miles away! Is there any other food other than steak????

Korin